I wanted you to have a few pictures of us as a duo before you were born. I want you to know that I love, Love, LOVE being your Mommy and I loved every minute of carrying you in my belly. Even the painful ones. Promise.
Daddy and I prayed and prayed for you and were ecstatic to find out He was sending you to our family. In January, we found out you were a girl. From that day forward, we called you by your name, Victoria Grace Hunter.
February 2008, 5 months:
March 2008, 27 weeks:
About this time, we started feeling a little worried that you were turned around inside my belly, with your bum first. So... we went about trying to get you to turn. I took herbal supplements and went to the chiropractor and laid upside down on a 45 degree slanted ironing board. We tried and tried and tried, but you were nestled in there snug and sound with no intention of turning. May 2008, 34 weeks:
A few days before this next picture was taken, Auntie Raegan took me to the hospital to have the doctor try to turn you in a procedure called an External Version. This was almost as excruciating as natural childbirth... but I was determined to try everything I could to have you naturally. They twisted and turned and pushed and nudged and you just wouldn't budge. Perhaps you are just a stubborn girl... we'll have to see! Here we are on June 1... 5 days before your birth!
I wanted to try and get you out myself, but the hospital's insurance companies won't allow that anymore, so they scheduled me for a C-section on June 6th....But we want you to know something...
This is a song I love singing to you every day, and I hope you know I mean every word:
Angels fly above you
They know that
I love you
so.
I watch you dreaming now
I wonder if you know...
Before I knew your name
Before I saw your eyes,
Your skin and your nose
Before I counted your fingers and toes
I asked Heaven for someone
as wonderful as you
And every prayer and wish came true
I dreamed of you Before I knew your name.
No comments:
Post a Comment