But alas, I must behave like a grown-up now.
I was actually 19 years old before the realization of my prssiness actually came ot me. A new friend mentioned what I priss I am and I got so offended. I told my mom, who said something along the lines of , "Oh, Please. How have you not realized this yet?" After that, I kind of came to embrace my prissiness. I'm okay with it. It's just ME.
So, having a son in Cub Scouts actually causes me significant anxiety at times. I am always worried he's going to need something done and I am going to do it wrong! Sigh.
It kind of reminds my of a dear friend who signed her son up for his first tee ball team. On the letter from the coach, they mentioned that each boy would need a cup. So, my sweet friend bought plastic cups for all the boys on the team and decorated each cup with the child's name. Unfortunately, when she arrived at the first practice, she discovered that each boy needed a protective cup.
I'm just waiting for that to happen to me. So far, though, Matt has saved us from major embarrassment.
But, Dad to the rescue! Isaac and he came up with a pretty great idea for an army tank.
So, for Isaac's very first Pinewood Derby, he had the very fastest time of all!!!! Unfortunately that time was in the preliminaries. So, it put him into the finals, where he lost my a mere 1/10 of a second.
His prizes:

All in all, it was a pretty successful night! I spent a little time chatting with a mom who was "enduring" her last pinewood derby. I can definitely predict that the excitement will wane after the first few years of this, but nonetheless, we were ecstatic for Isaac. He is having a marvelous time in Scouts and it is providing so many fun things for he and Matt to do together.
All in all, it was a pretty successful night! I spent a little time chatting with a mom who was "enduring" her last pinewood derby. I can definitely predict that the excitement will wane after the first few years of this, but nonetheless, we were ecstatic for Isaac. He is having a marvelous time in Scouts and it is providing so many fun things for he and Matt to do together.
No comments:
Post a Comment