Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Partay!

Matt's parents can throw a party. We have dinner with them almost every Sunday, and Super Bowl Sunday is no different. In an attempt to keep the family time going on Sunday, Matt's parents established a contest on Super Bowl Sunday many moons ago (before I came along!) Basically, everyone guesses a score and the top three winners get prizes. (it's much more complicated than that... there is a mathematical formula to determine the winner- and David has it all set up on his laptop to keep track of who the winner is)
And these are not dollar store favors. Calving and Marsha give out PRIZES. Like... AMAZING prizes. I got my gorgeous Wolfgang Puck set of cooking pans when I won the Superbowl Contest one year. No kidding. But there is also a pool for children with prizes as well. It is so much fun, even if you aren't a big football watcher.
David and Raegan made their colors very clear: That's Penny- she's so adorable!

Isaac won $10 for choosing the Packers:
And Tori was the winner of the Kid's Pool: $50 and a box of Ring Pops!!! When it came time for her to pick the score, we asked her how many points the Steelers would get. She said, "1, 2, 3, 4,5 ,6 7,!" So, Matt added all those together for a score of 28. Then, when we asked her who would win, she said, "The green team get the ball". So, we gave Green Bay a score a little higher than Pittsburgh. And she won!! Isaac could not believe that a 2 year old had won, so he kept complaining and whining that she won so much money. So, when I put Tori in the bath after the game, she kept saying, "It's not fair I win Fitty dollas."

Thanks, Nanny and PaPa! We had a blast!

1 comment: