The Top FOURTEEN most awesome things my kids said in 2011. (sprinkled with random pictures from last year)
14. Nickelodeon (February 2011)
While driving in the van, Daphne asked me, "Why don't we watch Teen Nick? I explained that we watch Nick Jr. and occasionally Nickelodeon, but Teen Nick shows kids making lots of bad choices." "like what?" Daphne says. "Well, like skipping school and drinking alcohol and just doing lots of things we don't do." And Daphne said "Yeah, like drinking Pepsi!"
14. Birthday Wish (June 2011) On June 6, Tori turned 3 years old!! We had a little birthday celebration with our family and ate some cake. We don't really do birthday wishes (no moral opposition- just isn't really a "thing" at our house) So, when Daphne said, "Tori what did you wish for? " Victoria really had no idea what she meant. But, without skipping a beat, Tori answered, "Poopin Kitties". Weird! 13.Making Cookies with Tori (December 2011):
Tori "Let's put in the vamilla. Oops, I said Valimma. What's the next flavor?"
12. Healthy Living By Tori (December 2011): "If you eat your food really good, you will grown up. But if you eat too many foods, you will get chubby and fat. "11. Brothers ( January of 2011):
Tori randomly walked up to me and told me, " I want Isaac to be a girl."
10. Bloody Love (February 2011): Tori fell and cut her lip. There was blood on her sweet face and tears on her cheeks and lots of crying. Matt sat with her on the couch and held her while they watched Scooby Doo. A few days later, Tori said to me, "Yestaday, I bleed my lip. And Daddy and me watched a show. I want to Bleed it again." I was shocked and said, What?! Tori repeated, "I want to bleed it again and watch a show with Daddy." Needless to say, Matt watched Scooby Doo with her that night, and we didn't require blood shed beforehand!
9. March 2011: For about 3 weeks or so, every morning, Tori would dress herself and say, " I look amazing!"
8. Tori-isms (January 2011).Whenever I would ask Tori why she was doing something, she would reply, "Because I need to." And when I would ask why she wasn't doing something, she would reply, "Because Daddy do it on Fridays."
7. Shampoo (Summer 2011) Daphne, "Why don't we call shampoo poosham?"
While having our standard Saturday night meal at Cafe Rio, we were talking about how we hadn't been to Cafe Rio in a while and it tasted so good to us. I said, "Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder." Daphne said, "What does that mean?" So I told her it was a figure of speech and explained the meaning. Then she looked at me and said, "You should make me absent from school so I can like it better!"
5. Hospitality (June 2011): Matt came home from work to have lunch with Tori and me. After lunch, Matt put on his shoes to head back to work and as he walked out the door Tori said, "Bye! Thanks for coming to our house!"
I gave each of the children a homemade cookie after lunch one day and Tori said,
"How about Daddy- at work?"
I answered,"Why do you ask?"
Tori: "Cause He's mine."
Daphne: "How could I forget the day my sister was born?! If I didn't have a sister, I'd probably be dead. I mean... I like Isaac and all, but brothers and sisters just don't mix very well. "
2. The Wheels on the Bus ( August 2011)
I was mopping the kitchen floor and moved all the chairs into the family room and put them in a line. This is the cue for my girls to play school bus. So they hopped on the bus and started singing, "The Wheels on the Bus" After going through all the verses, Tori said to Daphne, " Are there any Daddies on the bus?" Daphne answered, "Sure- I don't know what they do, though." Then, with a mischevious gleam in her eye said, "I know what they do! The Daddies on the bus play on their phones. On their phones, On their phones!"

And the number 1 quote from 2011 is: (Drumroll, please):
1. Kisses (July 2011)
On Sunday afternoons, I get a nap. It is a long-standing, sacred tradition in the Hunter home. We go to church and then I take a nap. For the first part of 2011, Tori and I napped together. (Sadly, this practice has fallen by the wayside as she has grown larger and more rambunctious.) Anyway, we were lying down to take a nap and Matt came in and kissed me (rather passionately) After that he said, "Night girls and gave Tori a peck on the lips. Tori declared, "No- I want a long kiss- like Mommy!" Matt and I laughed hysterically and then he gave her an extended peck on the lips while she squeezed his cheeks with her chubby little hands.
On Sunday afternoons, I get a nap. It is a long-standing, sacred tradition in the Hunter home. We go to church and then I take a nap. For the first part of 2011, Tori and I napped together. (Sadly, this practice has fallen by the wayside as she has grown larger and more rambunctious.) Anyway, we were lying down to take a nap and Matt came in and kissed me (rather passionately) After that he said, "Night girls and gave Tori a peck on the lips. Tori declared, "No- I want a long kiss- like Mommy!" Matt and I laughed hysterically and then he gave her an extended peck on the lips while she squeezed his cheeks with her chubby little hands.


3 comments:
So cute! I can't believe you can remember all those things--and even when they happened! Did you write them down somewhere else?
We miss you!!
hilarious!! i love the lil thoughts that go through their heads and out their mouths! what a fun year!!
Ha Ha! #'s 6, 5, and 4 are my favorites. It will be so fun in 20(or 40) years when your kids can go back and read these!
Post a Comment