Today I rode home from school with the world's most adorable two year old in my back seat. She had curly blonde pig tails pulled up with big red bows and was wearing her Barbie sunglasses, all while singing "I am Like a Star Shining Brightly" at the top of her lungs. Made me think that there could be no sweeter moment in life. I realize that I probably have that thought once every other day or so... I feel so blessed beyond measure. But for some reason, this image seemed to imprint on my memory... I didn't even have a picture but I hope I will remember those few moments forever. Anyway, then I came home to see this video posted on my Facebook:
I loved it!! I had so many things I could add to this list... things I wish I could tell myself 9 years ago. Firstly,
Don't wish away the hard times... more will follow. Just savor EVERY moment.
Perhaps it has been the children returning to school, or maybe it is just me hearkening to the gentle whispers of the Spirit, I don't know- but I feel like I am finally coming to a place where I am doing *better* at savoring the moment. I wish I had done so more often, but I won't "should on myself" as my mother always says. I wish I had realized how, although it can be frustrating and exhausting and mundane and unpredictable all at the same time, it is also the most joyous time and you're missing it!! You are whining away the good times hoping for that day when you actually sleep or that day when he's actually potty trained or that day when they go to school and you can have a complete, coherent thought for a few moments. I wish I could say, " Soon, too soon, you will have all too much time to think about your own wants and needs. They won't want to tell you every single thing that happens and they won't want to kiss you goodbye. Too Soon."
I guess I just wanted to say... I LOVE them. My joy is full watching them grow into themselves, into the amazing people God wants them to be. I genuinely don't know how I could be happier...
No comments:
Post a Comment