Matt and I really wanted to take the kids to a fun Pumpkin Patch to celebrate Fall this year. We have taken them to a few different places in the past and the results kind of vary. We have been to places where it really is just a pumpkin patch with a mini corn maze, so you really only pay for your pumpkins. And that's ok. We have also been to Black Island Farms, where there are farm animals, magic shows and slides and they take you on a Hay Ride to choose a pumpkin. Sounds fun, right? Yeah, well they charge like $ 14 bucks a person! I mean, it's just a Pumpkin Patch, it's not Six Flags or something! Seriously.
So, when we heard about Green Acres Farms in Willard, we were excited! There was no charge to enter and they had lots of fun activities!
We got to have our Johnson cousins with us as well, which made the whole day even more fun! The above pic is Corbin, Daphne, Victoria, Isaac and Penny! We stopped to look at some of the horses on our way in.We stopped to take a ride on the little train:
Victoria, Corbin and Daphne:
They had so much fun that we rode this a few different times!
Penny and I on our way to the Pony Rides- she's really excited!
There were only two ponies: Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth, so they had to take turns:
Victoria:
Luke:
Daphne:
Corbin:
Isaac:
We had a blast! I hope they do it again next year. We also did face painting and they had some craft booths, etc.. They did Karaoke, which was quite painful to listen to... so Matt and I thought about doing a reprise of Ice, Ice Baby. but alas, they only had country music. maybe next year, Green Acres!
The only thing we didn't do was get a pumpkin! We spent all our cash on the ponies, funnel cakes, and face paintings and we were in Willard, so there were no ATMS anywhere. But we had fun anyway and we found some decent pumpkins at the grocery store. This honestly was the most beautiful Fall I can remember in Utah. The colors have been so vibrant and the weather has been gorgeous. Wish it could stay forever. Happy Fall Y'all!













No comments:
Post a Comment