So... in case you didn't notice... I kinda didn't really blog this year. Or last year. In the past, I have done a "Hunter Kids Funniest Things" for the New Year. Since I am so behind on blogging... here are some random pictures from the past two years combined with funny or sweet things my kids have said in the past two years. Hope you enjoy!
On the top of the Conference Center for Daphne's 9th birthday
1.Victoria asks for Lemontimes for breakfast. (Clementines!)
For dessert, she wants a Haagen Dong (a Haagen Daz Bar)
Victoria's First Day of Kindergarten
2. Our next door neighbors, the Archibalds, asked us to watch their house, check the mail, etc... while they were out of town. Victoria comes running to me with the "Archibalbs mail!"
Archibalds Archibalbs
Wonder Woman and Cat Girl- November 2013
3. The kids and I were having breakfast one morning and all the sudden Victoria asks,
"Can I fly in heaven?"
Painting Easter Eggs- Easter 2014
4. The week of Easter, we told the kids that they could dye Easter Eggs as soon as they finished cleaning their rooms. Victoria furiously "cleans" her room and runs out in the hall shouting,
"I'm ready to dye now!"
Snowman! Christmas Day 2014
5. Many of you know that I am not a big fan of Winter. I like snow at Christmas, but other than that I painfully endure it. I struggle not to whine and cry and throw a fit every time I see snow covering my drive. But Victoria, she LOVES it! She is clearly a Daddy's girl! She often asks when it will snow again throughout the summer and fall. Last Spring, just as things were starting to look Spring-y, we had one of those famous middle of April Utah snowfalls. My typically cheerful Victoria looked out the window and said,
"I used to think I would love Winter, but now I just hate it."
Victoria's Fifth Birthday
6. One day, as we were driving, I told Tori she was funny and she said, "I know. I'm the funniest child in our family."
Daphne's First Salon Hair Cut- Summer 2013
7. Daphne is MY child. She is animated, dramatic, and full of expression. Even when she was tiny and just barely reading, she would read with appropriate (and sometimes extreme) expression. Unfortunately, when they read out loud at school, most of the children in the class read with that monotone, make you want to stab yourself in the eye, sort of voice. For some reason, being in the minority has caused her to tone it down. Sometimes, when we are reading scriptures together, I hear that "apathetic" tone enter her voice and I correct it by saying, "Read with Expression!" So, one evening we were just beginning the Old Testament and it's Daphne's turn.
I'm not reading along, but I can hear her voice going toward the monotone, so after a few lines I say,
"Daphne, read with expression."
She reads the next line with as much pizzazz as she can muster
"And they were both NAKED!"
(said in the loudest, most suggestively silly voice imaginable)
Genesis 2:25
Victoria's 6th Birthday
8. Victoria laying on floor and randomly says, "Mom, where are we on the earth?"
Isaac just after Junior Jazz Semi Finals
9. Isaac's 5th grade teacher is named Mrs. Gammill. As we are talking about his class Tori says : "Mrs. Gammills name remembers me of camels"
Easter Sunday 2014
10. August 2013- I was laying down for my Sunday afternoon nap. I texted Matt to send Tori to me so she could nap, too. We had already tried to get her to sleep in her room. She climbed into bed with me, snuggled up into the crook of my arm and said, "this Is. AWESOME." "This is Just right."
Sure is wonderful to be someone's awesome.
Victoria's 6th Birthday
11. Tori asked me if everyone who lives in a mansion HAS to be rich/. I said, "well no but you pretty much have to be really rich to pay that much money for a mansion." Tori said, "If I'm rich when I grow up, I'm not going to pay anybody any money. I'm just going to keep it."
Then she smiled and said, "I'm gonna trick people so they give me all their money."
I said, "Wow! Well I hope you won't lie to people and do mean tricks."
Tori, "only nice tricks."
Me: "well, if they have to give you all their money that doesn't sound very nice."
What the ?!!
Daddy Daughter Dance September 2013
12. Tori said,
"Have you ever seen a castle? A real one? I have, but I was a baby and you were holding me."
Me :"We saw some pretty amazing stuff together when you were a baby."
Tori: " I wish I was a baby again."
Me: "Oh, no you don't! You couldn't so anything for yourself. Someone would have ot dress you, feed you, bathe you."
Tori: "I like people to do stuff for me."
Me : "But you wouldn't be able to go outside by yourself, or play in your friend's back yard or anything. I'd have to go everywhere with you."
Tori: "I like to be with you all of the time, Mommy."
Victoria Learned to Ride without Training Wheels in 2014
October 2013
I went upstairs to sing to Isaac at bedtime and it occured to me that he is so big he might as well put his arm around me. I said, "Well, bud, I think you're almost bigger than me, so you might as well just put YOUR arm around me. So he did and I laid on his chest and sang my great big little boy a lullaby. Sob.
Isaac Graduated from 6th Grade!
2014
Conversation with Daphne (9) while listening to Andy Grammar’s “Fine By Me”
D: “Men and boys are so ridiculous.”
Me: “Why?”
D: “They don’t express themselves fully. What he really means to say is, ‘Yes! I would love it if you stayed with me forever. That’d be great!’ But instead he says, ‘Fine by me.’ as if he doesn't care at all. IF you really don't care, then you wouldn't be singing a song about it- Ridiculous!” with Matt Hunter
Daphne and I went to see Wicked for her 10th Birthday!
My kindergarterner just came home from school with her friend's jacket. She asked me to wash it. Apparently, her friend's mom couldn't get out the stains and Victoria told her that I am really awesome at getting clothes clean, so she offered for me to wash it. I'm not sure whether I feel like a hero or a maid.
Victoria built a Fairy House to catch fairies on our front porch. I asked her what if mice and rats come in? She made a sign that said Fairies Only- NO RATS (Mowses OK)
Victoria asked if she could have Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast, and I said,
"That's a negative."
Isaac said: "Negatory"
Tori said, "Nuh UH!, you're a Nega Isaac!"
4th of July 2014
Lying in bed one Summer morning before school started, Victoria said, "I'm so lucky! I get to snuggle with you every day!" I said, "I know... Summer is almost over though and we'll have to get up and go to first grade! Won't that be exciting!?" Victoria said, "I don't want to go to first grade! I just want my Mommy!"
As she was cheerfully eating dinner with us one evening, Victoria said, "Mom, what does ass mean?"
We also got to define douchebag and rape for our older children this year- thanks Junior High!!
November 2014
Daphne and Victoria were showering together and Victoria looked at Daphne's chest and said, "Are those your testicles?" Daphne said, "Victoria! No! Do you even know what testicles are?!"
Daphne and Victoria's Christmas Dance Recital
November 2014
Daphne: Mom! In social studies we are all in groups and each group represents a colony! We are Georgia.
Me: OOooh, fun! Georgia peaches
Isaac: Florida Oranges
Daphne: California Avocados. Washington RAIN.
Me: Actually, Washington is famous for producing apples.
Victoria (6): Well, China makes most of the stuff.
Sea World San Antonio August 2014
Since I wasn't recording these on the blog when my big kids were little, I found a little journal I was keeping of their funny comments. So... just to even it out a bit:
Daphne (3)
I said, "How are you today?"
D "I don't know yet. I just know about you."
Me "What about me?"
D " I like you."
Daphne's 4th grade Diorama of the Desert
Isaac
Praying (age 7)
"Please bless Daddy that he will have the priesthood at work. Please bless the baby in mommy's tummy."
Isaac returning from his week long scout camp- such a hard week for me!
Happy New Year!























No comments:
Post a Comment