October 6, 2008- Victoria is 4 months old and Matthew is 30 years old today! I have been somewhat derelict in my motherly photography duties so my pictures from this occasion are limited. Here are a couple of pictures of 4 month old Victoria:

Her 4 month appointment is scheduled for next week, but I do know that she weighed 15 lbs. and 3 oz. last week. She is a little bigger than Daphne was and lot smaller than Isaac was at 4 months.
Victoria is an absolute joy! She is very drooly and I anticipate that she will have a tooth or two within the next month. She is a very happy baby and will usually sleep in a stretch of at least 5 hours or so at night, which is FABULOUS for this Mommy, who endured the every 2 hour night- waking of Daphne Faith! She loves to go for evening walks, as outside is the only place where she is content from about 6:30 tp 7:30 pm. Matt and I play tag team and one walks outside with the baby while the other eats dinner with the big kids. Tori seems most content with me, but she talks and squeals most when she is with Matt. I guess she can already tell that he is the fun parent!

Thirty years ago, the love of my life was born! I am so grateful to God for my amazing husband. Many of you may not know, but Matt was sort of a Surprise, Unplanned Miracle baby. Matt's mom had 3 children, the last two were only 16 months apart. She had just found out that Jude, who had just turned two had juvenile diabetes and she had a six month old baby. She had an IUD and absolutely was not going to have another baby. That very month, they found out Matt was coming. The doctor removed the IUD and the chances of the baby surviving were not great. But he made it and I am so grateful and so were his parents! Matt is such a wonderful man and I thank God for his life and love daily. We celebrated his birthday in a very disjointed fashion over 3 days, and somehow I did not get any pictures. So, I thought I would share the pictures that the kids gave him. Here is Daphne's painting of Matt. You can see the letters of her name, which she usually writes in order- I think she just didn't have room!

Here is Isaac's picture of Matt and him playing soccer. In his defense, Daphne had about 45 minutes to work on hers and Isaac had about 5 minutes to get it ready before Matt came home! They wre so excited for his birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment