Sunday, March 1, 2009

So Long, Farewell!

I guess the title of our post is two-fold in meaning this time. For one, I wanted to illuminate the cute content of this video; and secondly, It is to describe the closing of one more chapter in sweet Victoria's life. Gone are the days of immobility and contentedness: We have had a big week at our house! Although Tori has been army crawling, scooting and inch-worming her way around for a while, she began the official, traditional first steps of crawling on all fours this week. She also began picking up her own food using her little pincer grasp and, as illustrated in our adorable video, she began waving goodbye! I love that she has been a little slow on these milestones as it has given me a little extra time with a little baby. And truly, I am excited on the one hand, but it is a little bittersweet to watch a little more of her baby-ness fade away into the sunset. She has been waving her hand in practice motions for a while, but whenever we would try to get her to do it when it was actually time for good-byes, she would just stare at all of us like we were incredibly amusing. In the video, Matt just walked out the door and we were all saying good-bye. I ran and grabbed the camera so we actually caught the very first time on tape! She has kind of a yucky cough, but just try to focus on the cuteness. It's really short, by the way!

No comments: