It did make me contemplate Easter on a different level, though. It is refreshing to go back and see things through their eyes; to explain the gospel to their sweet innocent spirits. We read the scriptures focusing on the week leading up to the crucifixion and it is so touching to see their puzzled faces as they try to understand why anyone could be so cruel to "our Jesus" (as Daphne says). There is much truth in the old saying that "the best way to learn something is to teach it". My heart was so full on Saturday evening as we read the story of the burial and the resurrection- I want so much for them to know their Savior and His matchless love toward us all. And I was heartened Sunday Morning as they awoke to find their Easter baskets filled with goodies, when Daphne said, "Mom, Easter's not just about candy." Such remarkably simple statements remind me of the truth of this miraculous day. I can get so caught up in Easter dresses and suits, baskets and candy and little visual aids from Sunday School lessons, and all the little things. I love that my sweet child reminds me that all of those little things are done to remind me of Christ's gift to all of us.
So, after some more discussing about the symbols of the season, We dyed easter eggs on Saturday afternoon and the kids really enjoyed it... I'll post pics from Easter Sunday as soon as I can! (Don't hold your breath!)
1 comment:
Children always have a way to try to understand the things around them. It is so sweet when their understanding of something is that much better than the adult tizzy of life. BTW these kids are getting big fast, would love to chat sometimes soon
your cousin
Katie
Post a Comment