As previously mentioned, this has been a big month for Tori. So many new skills mastered and new things to do. About three weeks ago, she began pulling up next to the couch and or stairs; and of course within a week or two, she was trying to climb said stairs. She
loves this task! As we have two sets of stairs, it gets a little tricky trying to keep her off them. The ones that lead off of our main floor have these ugly oak posts on one side, which makes the traditional gate impossible. Anyhow, here she is showing off her climbing skills:

So excited!

Just Checking... (Isaac is sitting close behind to make sure she doesn't fall back on the hardwood floors and crack her little head open.)

Slow and Steady wins the race...
Yay! Clapping for her success. The clapping is relatively new as well. I know that "they" (meaning a lead team of expert child development specialists or whatever) say that children often awaken in the night to practice new skills, but I have never had a child actually do that. When Victoria first started the clapping, however, I kept trying to get her to sleep one night and she would nod off and then twitch and start clapping her hands. It was one of the cutest things ever!
Now, of course, since we have mastered the pulling up to heightened surfaces task, she has also officially begun the "I am the nemesis of all laundry phase." Frankly, I had not missed this phase one bit. My other two are old enough to leave the laundry (clean or dirty) all alone. But alas, Tori has embarked upon the era of destroying all organized laundry (clean or dirty). It's a good thing she's so cute doing it! :

Look at those gorgeous thighs!
No comments:
Post a Comment