This is our bed and if you look to the left part of the picture you can see the infamous "pleather" arm chair that my daughter vandalized. :( Stay tuned on how that little drama turns out!
Our bathroom:It has been awesome to have this kid-suite, where they give you an additional child-sized sink.
Okay, so I poached this pic from the hotel's website- but that really is our room! Ours is the only one with that wallpaper and well, I just couldn't ever get their room clean enough to take a picture. So, this one will have to do! Once again, having an adjoining room for the children has made all the difference in the world. Being able to put them to bed and still have some time to ourselves has been a huge blessing and we are very grateful!
Our kitchen! I was really excited about this kitchen at first, and while it is much better than what I expected, I am anxious for my dishwasher and a freezer that I can actually fit something in!
Our living/dining area (and two really cute kids):
And that about does it for the hotel room. It's actually quite spacious. It just feels smaller every day when there are three very active young children living inside! It is definitely bigger than the apartment where Matt and I lived when we were first married, so I can't complain too much. I wouldn't have tried to raise 3 children in that apartment, though! :)
Our kitchen! I was really excited about this kitchen at first, and while it is much better than what I expected, I am anxious for my dishwasher and a freezer that I can actually fit something in!
Our living/dining area (and two really cute kids):
And that about does it for the hotel room. It's actually quite spacious. It just feels smaller every day when there are three very active young children living inside! It is definitely bigger than the apartment where Matt and I lived when we were first married, so I can't complain too much. I wouldn't have tried to raise 3 children in that apartment, though! :)Our Car:
We think it's hysterical that it is called a Ford Kuga. We are always laughing at how they have American cars here, but they are models that we never see in the states, like a Ford Mondeo or a Ford Galaxy. It's a little weird... Our car is a diesel and a stick shift, which has been interesting at times but over all it's been a really good vehicle for us. I'm anxious to have my van and a little more space between my kids!!!
We think it's hysterical that it is called a Ford Kuga. We are always laughing at how they have American cars here, but they are models that we never see in the states, like a Ford Mondeo or a Ford Galaxy. It's a little weird... Our car is a diesel and a stick shift, which has been interesting at times but over all it's been a really good vehicle for us. I'm anxious to have my van and a little more space between my kids!!!(I totally snagged the next two pics from Liz's blog! Thanks, Liz. I kept forgetting to bring my camera with me, so this will have to do)
We heard that we would save a lot of money by shopping at the Commissary, and we were really grateful for the privelege. It is definitely cheaper than if we had to shop at German markets, but definitely not cheaper than grocery shopping in the States. We are just thankful that we can get our American products and labels we can read, etc...
Our laundry mat is really smaller than this one, but you get the idea. I hate doing laundry here. It is the bane of my existence in Germany. I find laundry at home to be somewhat relaxing, but here it is just a pain. I will say that I LOVE the dryers! I can throw 3 wash loads in one dryer and all the clothes are dry in about 45 minutes! It's the part where I have to fold them all lin a filthy laundry room with no air conditioning and three kids that makes me sweat. Fortunately, this is now a team effort- Matt watches the kids while I do laundry!
Steve and Liz have been so much fun to travel with and just to hang out with! It is kind of crazy that they live right across town from us and it took coming to the other side of the ocean for our families to get together. They have been ever-patient with our punctuality challenged family, and we feel blessed to know them!




No comments:
Post a Comment