Matt was able to take some time off work when we returned, which made our transition back into regular life much easier. I had a lot to do to get my classroom ready and to get the kids all ready for school, so matt got to pick up a little extra Daddy duty!
That first Monday back was filled with an insanely long to-do list and I finally got to make the "back to School" Cake, our Hunter Family Tradition, very late Monday night. The cake is ridiculous looking this year, but it served it's purpose. It says, "First Day of School 2009" and then has each child't initials and what grade they are starting. They get to hold it for photos ont he first day and then eat some cake with me while they tell me about their first day back!
This year, if you can believe it, I have a second grader:
No comments:
Post a Comment