Sunday, October 18, 2009

PIGWAB 2009

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm posting about that time of year again: PIGWAB! For those of you who haven't experienced a PIGWAB post before, you can find out more about this family celebration here.


This year, of course, we celebrated on 09/09/09. Because the Acronym for our celebration's name includes the word PIG, I made piggie cupcakes for this year's party: As in year's past, the kids spent much of their time in the bounce house. This year, some of our little munchkins figured out how to deflate the bouncer, which seemed to be as much fun as actually jumping in it.


Because September is woefully lacking in a holiday-of-the-month, we voted on a theme for this year's party, and the winning theme was: Through the Decades!
So, basically, each family was in charge coming up with costumes and a report about their decade.

I'd like to apologize in advance about my photography for the weekend. This was our first weekend back from Germany and I guess I was just so exhausted I couldn't take a good picture? The camera battery died, so we ended up with more video footage than still shots. I don't know- I really have no excuse, I'm grasping at straws.

So, our family was in charge of the 1980's!!! Yea! Tori and I wore leg warmers:

You can also see one of our other trademark Acronyms for the PIGWAB celebration: WWG1WGA, which stands for Where We Go One, We Go All. It's just a little tribute about our eternal family. I don't know if that actually counts as an Acronym since it is not a word... The bell is symbolic also, maybe I'll explain that one of these years!
For one of our activities, we decided to do karaoke with a selection of songs from each decade of the 20th century. Paige, Matt's sister, worked really hard to compile all the music for us and we had a total blast! We decided to have karaoke at all of our future PIGWABs!

Matt's sister, Raegan and her family were over the 1940's. She is pregnant and dressed up like Rosie the Riveter and looked awesome! David dressed up like an American soldier, with Corbin dressed up like a Kamikaze pilot and Luke in liederhosen, symbolizing the young Aryan Nation! Totally hysterical.


Paige and John didn't dress up, but Sydney reported on the1950's and Lexy on the 70's. I wish you could see her excellent bell bottoms in this pic. They are perfect!

Matt's parents, Calvin and Marsha, were representing the 1960's, and I think they should win the costume contest for the year! Calving made his pants- totally priceless.

And of course, here we are! As I mentioned, we were responsible for reporting on the 1980's, which was so much fun. Matt's going for a Miami Vice look and Isaac threw the biggest fit about wearing those short shorts. He kept saying, "I look like a dork!" Daphne is wearing an outfit that she actually wears right now, but I thought it had a Cindy Lauper feel to it. If only that skirt were neon.
As with all of our PIGWAB celecrations, at least those throughout the summer, we had to partake of some BlueBell Ice Cream. Blue Bell is the absolute, hands-down, best ice cream in the country. Maybe the world. I had some pretty stellar ice cream in Europe, but Blue Bell's homemade vanilla will always be first in my heart. Victoria approves as well:




No comments: