Thursday, November 26, 2009

Food. Family. Fun.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I have been so perpetually behind on blogging that I thought I would jump right in and post my Thanksgiving pics!

Isaac and Daphne both had fun studying the history of Thanksgiving in school this year. Isaac had a Pilgrim Day, where he got to try all types of new foods that were enjoyed by the pilgrims. He was the first in his class to taste most of the foods and got to rank them on a scale of 1-10. Although he was adventurous, he added in a ranking of zero for a few items like oysters. I think he gave goat's milk a 2 and Beef jerky a 10. He is Matt's child, you know. I avoid beef jerky at all costs.

Miss Daphne had a Pilgrim Thanksgiving Feast and a Native American Pow-Wow. She had fun telling all her classmates that two of her great grandfathers were chiefs of the Catawba Indian Nation. Yes, my blondies are all part Native-American.

On the day of Daphne's Thanksgiving Feast, she really wanted one of us to come to the party. Unfortunately it was in the morning at 10:45, which is right in the middle of my class. My sweet Matthew, who is the most wonderful dad, left work about 90 minutes after he got in so that he could make it to the Feast. Daphne's face was all the reward he needed. She was ecstatic, and so proud to have her dad with her!
Here they are in some of their party garb:
And today, for Thanksgiving, we headed over to The Hunter House for lots of delicious food and fun with the family!

Daphne and all her boys:

Matt, Isaac and Austin had a different type of entertainment in mind. They headed out into the freezing night to experiment with their newly acquired AirSoft guns. My mom gave one to ISaac as an early Christmas gift and Austin got one for his 13th birthday. Sigh.

Matt's sister, Paige, made some adorable little Turkey Cupcakes and the Tori had a lot of fun eating hers!

On this wonderful day of Thanks, I just want to express my gratitude for the gospel of Jesus Christ, which has afforded me with all that is good in my life. I am so humbled to know that He Lives, that He loves us and wants us to return to Him. I pray on this day that any who read this may know of His peace as well. Happy Thanksgiving!!



No comments: