Here are Tori and her cousins, Lydia and Abby:
Tori and Daddy:
They were a little nervous, they had been practicing it perfectly at home. It wasn't quite what it had been in the privacy of our own home, but it was so sweet and everyone loved it!
After that, Raegan helped the kids put together a mini little Christmas pageant. Isaac wanted to be the donkey and Daphne wanted to be Mary. Abby and Lydi were sweet to let her do that! Abby was an angel and Tori was going to be an angel too. Lydi was a wise man, and then Tori wanted to be a wise man, too. Corbin and Zach were shepherds and just as we were starting, Tori was ripping off her costume. She wanted to be the Baby Jesus. Raegan was super- sweet and let her step in even though we were going to have Penny be the baby Jesus.
Here is everyone "backstage" waiting for their entrance:
We read the story from Luke 2 and as Sydney read the words, " And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.", Tori walked in from "back stage" and said, "I'm Baby Jesus"
Isaac had been talking about these Lego sets that have knights and warriors, etc... so Nanny and Papa got him a huge set of Knights and a castle to build, with a bunch of extra boxes of knights for reinforcement:
and I highly recommend their website. It was so easy to use and the book is just gorgeous. It basically gives you a format and you click and drag pictures into the given slots. The pictures are framed with the words to "The Family: A Proclamation to the World"
It is so beautiful and meaningful and I think Marsha and Calvin loved it!
We had a fantastic time- we came home ready for bed, but Tori was having a hard time leaving Daphne's doll alone, so Matt went ahead and put together her vanity that night:
She LOVED it!! 
She didn't have any makeup... (that would come in her stocking in the morning) so she grabbed a wooden block and pretended that it was her lipstick. It was so adorable!! She just kept sitting down, opening the drawer, rubbing the block across her mouth, and then she would walk away and start the whole thing over again!

After we finished our "Countdown to Christmas" ( I didn't have time to blog about it- but we read a few verses of the Christmas story every night and sang a Christmas song together) we said our prayers and tucked their little excited and exhausted bodies into bed. And then we went to work! I was much more efficient this year, and I had gradually wrapped presents as I went through the month of December, so I had to add ribbons to a few, stuff stockings and move everything out of their hiding spots and up to the Christmas tree:
After we finished our "Countdown to Christmas" ( I didn't have time to blog about it- but we read a few verses of the Christmas story every night and sang a Christmas song together) we said our prayers and tucked their little excited and exhausted bodies into bed. And then we went to work! I was much more efficient this year, and I had gradually wrapped presents as I went through the month of December, so I had to add ribbons to a few, stuff stockings and move everything out of their hiding spots and up to the Christmas tree:
No comments:
Post a Comment