My mom, aka GiGi, came to visit with us over Thanksgiving break. The weather-men had forecasted a literal blizzard for the Wasatch front on the Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving. (I have not ever heard of people forecasting an actual blizzard in all my ten years here) Apparently, there has to be just the right combination of winds, temps and snow to make a blizzard and it sounded like we were in for a real storm! Snow doesn't halt the progress of anything around here, and they even closed our school in preparation of the storm. Everyone was rushing the stores to stock up on water and essentials. I sent Matt to the store just as the storm was beginning to pick up some medicine and a few candles to supplement our 72 hour kit. We were havin grecord low temps for the month of November... it was in the teens and twenties most of the weekend. (That's common here around January, but not November!!)
Well, we did see a storm... but it fizzled out after about three hours with not much to show for it. The whole thing was rather anti-climactic.
But the best part of the storm that flopped was that my Mom made it on an earlier flight and got to spend an extra evening with us!!
Here she is with the crew on the day she left:

For the first few days of the visit, Isaac had a fever and headache that also gradually fizzled out, thank goodness! ( I can't believe I forgot to list that on my previous post!)
Since he wasn't quite himself, just the girls and I went out Thanksgiving morning for a little fun in the snow!


Here they are making snow angels:
Thanks for coming, Mom! We had a blast and Tori still asks when you are coming back to "Tohwi's house". We love you and are glad you survived another snowy visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment