This was by far the best Easter on record for the Hunter family! I am certain that it is because we were able to focus on the Savior more and prepare spiritually this year, and I'm so excited that it was a good learning experience for all of us.
We actually started this tradition last year, but April is a completely crazy month for me, so I wasn't able to blog any of it... and we also were only able to do 3 activities instead of a whole week's worth! Basically, in an attempt to make our Easter focused on the Savior, we decided to have an Easter FHE every night before Easter. We just have a simple lesson, activity and a treat, and I hope we are adding little drops of oil into their lamps of testimony and opening their hearts to the Spirit of God.
Our lesson for the first night was on the Triumphal Entry. We read the story:
Scripture Reading: Mark 11:1-10
Then, the kids made palm branches out of green construction paper. (Tori is obsessed with cutting right now, so this was even fun for her! Although, she mostly just made green confetti)
Then, we dressed them up and let them act out the scene of His entry!
No comments:
Post a Comment