Monday, March 21, 2011

The Tree House

I wrote this post a long time ago... I'm not sure how it didn't get published!

While GiGi was visiting, I let the kids stay home from school one day so we could take them to The Treehouse! We LOVE the Treehouse, we held a Family Membership when we lived up that way. Since we moved a little more South, we haven't visited as much, so we were thrilled to see some of the new exhibits.
Since Tori is still two and not really big on delayed gratification, we of course had to stop right at the beginning for the Big Fire Truck: "I'm a Ballerina Firefighter!"







One of the new exhibits is the Pioneer Days section! For those of you who ain't from around here, Pioneer Day is an actual State Holiday here in Utah. It is also referred to as the 24th of July. In the Summer and early Fall, you'll see all kinds of celebrations around here that celebrate the settling of Utah as well as local crops, harvests, etc. There are Cherry Days, Swiss Days, Peach Days, Liberty Days, etc... You get the point. Anyway, so for this section of the Museum, they have all kinds of farming exhibits, this was my favorite:



Yep- there is actual liquid coming out of that cow! I'm hoping that it was just water, but I didn't taste it to check.



The bucket beneath has some fake foamy stuff that you squirt the water into.



The kids had SO much fun here!



Just outside this area is the Rodeo section, where they can pretend ride on these horses!



We stopped by the old-fashioned school house, which has always been one of Daphne's favorites. I will tell you that it appears they did away with the pointy DUNCE hat they used to keep in the corner!







This is a little tunnel that runs through the German house:











Sampling some Sushi in Japan:



Here we have another new exhibit, the Mongolian House. I cannot remember any of the interesting facts that I read about Mongolia. Which is sad. And Pathetic.



I guess it wasn't a very educational experience for me.



This is a little play place where they can pretend to have a ranch in Australia, I think. I really learned a lot on this trip.



The English house, where the kiddos got to have a Beatrix Potter tea party!







This entire area is sort of a Medieval/Royal/Castle kind of place. There is a stage where you can put on a show:







A throne where the unimpressed queen can sit to watch the show:



You can see the stage a little better in this one:



In the same area, there is a giant Chess Board! Tori thought you were supposed to dance with all the pieces. Isaac spent a good deal of the morning destroying a little kid sat chess. As I mentioned, we let him stay home from school, so pretty much all the kids there were at least Kindergarten age or younger. Isaac did not let the little guy have a chance! :(



We also made a little stop by the oval office:



Here is a ship to take you across the sea to America. And, yes I did have to do some deep breathing to squelch the anxiety over whether or not there might be lice in that hat. I did okay, but it wasn't easy. We survived with no bugs! And isn't she a cute Pioneer?!



There is a whole Doctor's Office Exhibit with babies to treat and cuddle!



Daphne and Tori had so much fun at this exhibit!



Here they are in the music room:











And another little stop by the Native American Teepee:



We LOVE the Treehouse, and it was such a fun outing we got to do with our GiGi! On the way out, we dropped by Farr's for some ice cream and as soon as we drove away, Tori said, "I want to go to the Treehouse again!" Thanks, GiGi, for treating us to a fun day!



No comments: