So, since it is October the 1st, I thought maybe I should get around to posting the first day of school pics. Believe it or not, I still haven't finished posting pics from Daphne's birthday! I figured I better post something before life gets even crazier and I don't have time to post anything!
I had such a hard time letting my kids go back to school this year. Don't get me wrong... I often experience that "Yay! School is starting and maybe they won't kill each other this Summer feeling". But this year was different. We had a great Summer and I just didn't want it to end.
Isaac is now in 4th grade! Daphne started 2nd grade and Tori is an official preschooler in my class at Weber State. I cannot believe they are this old.
Here they are holding our traditional 1st day of school cake. The idea is that we make a cake the day before the first day and write their initials alongside what grade they are starting. Then, they get to have a piece of cake after school and tell me all about their day. I love the idea in theory. But when it comes to actually making a cake that looks decent, I regret this choice every year. I'm hoping they will have fond memories of the tradition and eating the cake with me rather than dwelling on the fact that their Mom is no Cake Boss. Or even really a Cake underling for that matter. I'm pretty sure I'd get fired from Cake Making.


And here they are doing the eating!!!
I wish I could explain the searing, joyous, sorrowful, incredible feeling of watching them grow up... but I am guessing that a lot of you are pretty familiar with that feeling. I'll settle for just telling you that I adore them. Sure I want to pull my hair out by bedtime every day... but life is going too fast. I cannot get enough of each phase... it always passes too quickly. I love you, sweet babies. Forever and Ever No Matter What.
No comments:
Post a Comment