Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What Easter is Realy Abowt

April is incredibly busy for me. Due to parent teacher conferences and end of the semester projects, I end up working more like full-time rather than part-time. (I'm working from home, but still.) I come home from school, put Tori down for her nap, work on preparing parent teacher conferences, pick up the kids, help with homework, and work on more stuff until dinner. If I'm lucky, Matt makes dinner or, even better, picks up food so I have one less thing to worry about.
It's Spring Break for my kids, so I'm trying to keep them entertained and complete the crazy amount of work I have to do. Today, while working on a student's portfolio, I got out some white constrcution paper and watercolor paints and suggested Daphne paint Easter eggs to decorate our house (and keep her busy).

After about thirty minutes, she comes to me and hands me this:
Can you read that? It says, "What Easter is Realy Abowt".

And inside: "Jesus Sufferd and died and rose because he loves us!"


That was worth taking a break to blog.


I love that girl. It is my prayer that God will make me worthy to the challenge and blessing of being her mother. It's already been a rough week with lots of Mommy repentance, so this was a paycheck moment. ( With a bonus that I could never have earned.)


I hope that this simple message is in your heart and home this week and always. He Lives.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That's beautiful.