Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday, Tori!

I love when you get to celebrate some one's birthday for a whole week!  Victoria's birthday ended up being celebrated all week long, which made it all the more fun!  Of course, it was a little much that every day she would say things like, "I get to sit here 'cause I'm the birthday girl."  or "I get to choose lunch because I'm the birthday girl."  Isaac and Daphne were actually quite accommodating. For the first 6 days.  After that, it got a little dicey.

Anyhoo, we started the week off with a special birthday dinner at Nanny and Papa's!  Victoria wanted "hot dogs and carrots and ranch and cucumbers and ranch and celery and ranch and strawberries and a pink cake!"  You might think she was rather redundant with the Ranch talk, but that's about how it goes when she eats dipping vegetables.  They are really more of a vehicle to allow the ingestion of Ranch.  She does eat ALL the veggies, too.  So, I'm OK with it!  

Nanny and Papa got her the traditional Birthday Cake from Mrs. Backer's Pastry Shop in Salt Lake City!  They make a mean cake!  (And they know it!)  She got lots of pink flowers and the writing in pink-  it was beautiful!



 I love, LOVE, LOVE when she smiles so big that I can count her teeth!
 She wanted to take a picture like this.  
 Opening Presents!
 Auntie Raegan and Auntie Paige got her some Littlest Pet Shops and a little House/Slide thing for them.  All the kids played with it for hours the next morning!
 And for the main event, Nanny and Papa (mostly)  and Matt and I ( a little )went in for Tori and Daphne's birthdays and got a BRAND NEW TRAMPOLINE!!!
 I wish you could have seen Victoria's face!  She was SO excited!  When I asked her to smile by it, this is what I got!
 And for a special Birthday treat, Tori got to finish the day off with a bath in Nanny's tub!  Back in the day, Isaac and Daphne got to take a bath in Nanny's tub every Sunday with their cousins.  It got to be quite a chore and those kids got too big, so that idea sort of fell by the wayside.   But Tori and Penny and Daphne sure had a blast together!!
 On Wednesday, June 6th, at 8:44 am, Victoria turned FOUR!  Here she is at the exact minute she turned 4!
 For dinner, she wanted Chick Fil A, which was convenient since it was Family Night and they had free Kids Meals, Balloons and the Cow hanging around!  He was actually kind of creepy.  He kept coming over to our table and just staring at us. He did go and get me a refill once, though!
 After our yummy dinner, we did a little shopping and came home so Tori could open her other two small gifts from Matt and me.  She had seen this gift bag in the Wrapping Paper Box.  (which is kept in the "Messy Room" downstairs, as the kids have so lovingly labeled it).  Anyway, for the last two months , she has been asking if she would get a present in that bag.  I think the bag was almost as exciting as the gift!
 Back in February, I got this Rainbow Fairy Dress for my niece, Jillian, and Tori wanted it so much!  So, fast-forward four months and I found the same one for Tori!
 She had to put it on right away!  Then she got to open another little item she had been wanting for a while.  (It's a Playdough Cake Makin' Station)
 A Few Shots modeling her new Fairy  Princess Dress:


 And the next morning, all three of them spent a good two hours making play-dough cakes!  They had so much fun.  I have to be completely honest, I'm not super great about letting my kids do messy art stuff at home.  Are you shocked?  I know.  It's really sad.  It's so much easier to do with them in my classroom where the carpet and floor are not mine.  (Usually I let them use home-made playdough at home.  It's one thing that I actually encourage them to do a lot)  However, it had been quite a while since we had used play-dough at all, so they were super excited!
After two hours, it was time to start cleaning the house and getting ready for Tori's Pink Princess Birthday Party!!  You don't want to miss that. You won't even believe the pink.  

No comments: