Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

Hi!  Did you miss me?  I want you to prepare yourselves.  All 2 of you that are still out there somewhere reading this.  I am back and ready to post.  You'll be hearing about our lives since February 'cause I'm really that far behind.  But I didn't want to quit. 
 I thought I'd start off with something recent to whet your appetite. 
On Monday, we had our dear friends, The Fausetts over for Memorial Day!  We busted out this bad boy:
If you are not a Texan, let me just assure you that the bottle in my daughter's hands is full of some of the most delicious BBQ sauce ever.  It was a gift from my Dad's wife and comes from one of my very favorite BBQ places in the Lone Star State.  If you ever travel there, you simply must stop by.  Matt gave me a taste of the brisket in the sauce before we sat down and I closed my eyes and saw visions of my childhood dancing in my head:  fireflies, friends, sticky hot, Pecan trees, My Mom.  Heavenly.  We slow cooked us some Brisket, grilled sausage, had corn on the cob and watermelon.  Good Stuff.

After dinner, we busted out Isaac's new favorite toy:  A Bow and Arrow set that really belongs to his grandparents.  They let us borrow it for a project at Isaac's school (stay tuned and I'll tell you all about it!)

  He's a pretty darn good shot!

His mother, on the other hand, could use some serious practice.  I would get it all ready and be aiming and then get so scared to let go that I'd close my eyes and shoot.  This is not generally considered to be a safe practice. 

Tiffany, on the other hand, got pretty good!
Daphne was hysterical!  Matt kept trying to help her and she was just getting so frustrated that he finally backed away.
So she did it all by herself.
Here's her shot:  Not too shabby!!
I wanted a picture of Matt and me, but now I'm kinda sorry 'cause I look like a cone head.  Weird.
Tiffany and Me!!
Sack Races!!



After a few rounds of continually losing to her big brother, Tori took off her sack.  When she lined up to race without it, Tiffany said, "Tori, where's your sack?"    Tori replied (with a huge grin), "I'm gonna win!"
 
Our cute, sticky kids!
Sorry I'm so far behind!  Hope you are ready for some back posting!

No comments: