Wednesday, August 29, 2012

School Days and Peach Days

It's been a busy couple of days.  Who am I kidding?  It's been a busy three weeks.  We came back from Mexico and I feel like I have hardly sat down since.  (I know, I know:  Waa, Waa, you got to go Mexico.      What do I have to whine about right?  I am seriously grateful that Matt and I had some R&R in Acapulco because we needed it.  Post to come some day.)  Anyway, I digress.  
I really don't have time to be doing this at all.  I need to be asleep because I have to get up in 6 hours.  But I saw these pictures and I had to share them with you.   Someone has to see the precious faces here.  Granted, no one else will probably appreciate the cuteness here like I do, but as I have learned over the course of rearing my children:  Motherhood makes you Shameless.
For Family Home Evening on Monday, we decided to slice up the gallons and gallons of peaches and make pies to take to friends and neighbors. 
  The pies needed to set in the refrigerator for a few hours, so distributing them had to wait for the next day, which was The First Day of School for Tori and me!!    She was so excited about her new tennis shoes.  I don't know if you can see them, but they are sparkly, cheetah print AND have pink bows on top.  I think that is some sort of Trifecta of Cuteness, don't you think?
 This is my seventh year teaching in the Children's School at Weber State University.  It is Victoria's last year of preschool and the last time I will ever have my own child as a student.  I cannot tell you the joy I have had being able to share this experience with my children as a mother and a teacher.  The Children's School is like an extension of our family now.  
 Here we are together, my Tori and me.  Actually, I should say Victoria.  She decided she wanted Victoria on her name tags at school this year.  Hee Hee!  I love that girl!
At dinner tonight, Matt asked Victoria about her day at school, and she being the ultimate Ham, replied, "I had a great first day, blah, blah, blah."  She always makes us laugh, that girl!
So tonight, after a rip-roaring crazy hectic and good first day of school, we loaded up our pies and took them to the children's Sunday School teachers, a few neighbors we were wanting to meet, etc..

We kept a few for us, too.  It's one of the few desserts I have seen Matthew really enjoy and after all, we Hunters are pretty PEACHY keen, too!
I promise I'll blog again some day, but don't hold your breath!

1 comment:

Carole said...

You are such a good mom! And neighbor:)