We decided to make our traditional Saturday morning whole wheat pancakes a little more festive today, so here is a picture of my little sleepy heads at breakfast:
Valentine's Day with small children seems to change things, so we decided to evolve with it. We asked our niece, Sydney, to babysit for us during the girls' naptime so that we could actually try and catch a movie. But alas, Victoria ( thick in the throws of Separation Anxiety) sensed the loss of my presence and woke up early. She screamed hysterically until I left the movie halfway through and came home to rescue her! I took her back to the theatre and tried to watch from the wings, but her delightful squeals and babbles of "DaDa DA DA DA" were a little too conspicous. We decided to wait out in the hallway. Matt tried to leave and join me but I made him go back in so that he could tell me how things wrapped up. We took Victoria to an early Valentine's Day Dinner and then made it home to our little munchkins. It really was nice to have dinner with just Matt and the baby- it's amazing how our idea of a night out includes the baby- I'm usually happier if she is with us and it's a pleasant change of pace just to have a conversation that isn't interrupted 50 times. I hope y'all had a wonderful love- day as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment