Thursday, February 5, 2009

You want me to eat what?

Victoria does not like baby food. At all. We have tried a wide variety of items: Rice Cereal, Oatmeal, carrots, bananas, sweet potatoes, squash, peas, applesauce, pears... all to no avail. She usually takes a few bites and acts like she is going to gag. Then she figured out how to bend her head over and spit the food out! If she's in a really contrary mood, she will just press her lips together as tightly as possible and twist and turn and try to squirm her way out of her chair. Here are photos from a few attempts:


She is not completely adverse to solid foods, however. Items she has enjoyed: Lasagna, Cool Whip, Raspberry Danish filling, Sparkling Cider and Oatmeal Cookies. Usually, these are things she manages to stick her hand in and then lick her fingers clean with glee. I did give her the Cool Whip: I've never seen her so excited about anything. It's kind of funny- I'm so laid back about it all with number three. I know she'll eat eventually. I never would have let Isaac taste sweets. Somehow, it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Or maybe I'm just too exhausted to care.

Either way.. we love her to bits!

No comments: