There are two women in Texas and 1 woman in Virginia who are genuinely my dear, dear friends. Friends of my heart. The kind of friends who "get" me, and I "get" them. We need no explanation to catch up in conversations, we just are there for one another, heart and soul. We have spent hours in prayer for one another and for each other's families. It is rare that I miss a chance to thank God for their friendship. Oddly enough, these girls are my "high school friends"... I think we had a rare blessing to meet and keep true friends of the heart during such a typically superficial and self-preservation part of our lives' journeys, but we did. They are like sisters to me and I am honored to know them!
But enough of that mushy stuff!
For the first time in at least three years, we were all together in the same metroplex for a very short period of time....
Here's our girls night:

Amy, Marcy, Carole, Me!!!
Although very reminiscent of our single days, this evening was characterized by conversations about our new babies, our toddlers and school troubles, discussions of jobs and families, marked by an occasional call to inform us of a fussy baby or asthmatic 8 year old. (Wait a minute.... all those calls were about
my children. hmmmm.) Regardless of the topic of conversation, I was moved to see my girlhood friends as women- each in a different place in life- each eager to note the tender mercies of the Lord in her specific journey.
I love these women!
Okay, so now I'm really done with the mushy stuff!
About a week later, Carole was our hostess for an evening with families, too!

Amy, Carole with Charlotte, Marcy and Me!

The boys attempted some soccer while we chatted. From left to right you can see Matt, Isaac, Marcy's boys: Will and Robert and I think that is Hunter on the ground, probably exhausted from the crazy heat.

Marcy's daughter, Aubrey and my Daphne are about 5 mos. apart. They had a blast feeding Charlotte and "taking care" of her.

Marcy with Amy's daughter Quinn, Aubrey, Daphne with Charlotte and Me....

Victoria (2) and Will (3)

Matt spent a good portion of his time soliciting uncontrollable laughter or tears from Hunter. (3) Poor little guy wasn't sure what to think about Matt.

Amy and I had babies on the same day just a short two years ago... Noah and Victoria.
Guess which baby is whose??? :)
I had so much fun with you ladies- I love you and miss you already!
1 comment:
yay! miss you too! and if i remember correctly, hunter was having a tantrum in the backyard, but thanks for blaming it on the heat;)
Post a Comment