Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Independence Day 2010!

Last year, we were out of the country for the 4th of July, which was a rather anti-climactic experience. See this post for details on our weekend in Austria. This year, we were determined to have a more All-American celebration. Because the 4th of July fell on a Sunday, our events were spread out quite a bit. We try to make Sunday a special day, set apart for the Lord. I don't know how restful it is, but we try! :) Anyway, here are my little munchkins with the flag out front: On Saturday, the 3rd, we went to a party with some of Matt's co-workers. Here's Tori on the way: (She's playing with her little lap top that my Dad gave her):


They had a blast bouncing on the trampoline:




On Sunday, the 4th, we had our nieces and nephews sleep over. We thought in the morning we would venture out and see the city parade.
Our niece, Abby, is pretty much Victoria's favorite person in the world. Tori follows her around like a little puppy dog and Abby can pretty much get her to do anything! Here they are watching the parade together.
Isaac and our nephew, Zach:
The girls and I all had matching shirts and I was determined to get a picture of us together, but Daphne ran off throwing a fit and this is all I got:

Sadly, my sweet Matthew got a migraineduring the parade. Not the best environment. Matt's migraines are debilitating and I usually don't even talk about them much because I never know what will bring one on. He had to go home and rest and so I corralled the 7 kids back out of the parade and back home. Kind of a bummer on a fun day.
After he recovered, he was man enough to take the kids to the fire works that night (with the help of some ear plugs!) They were so excited and had a blast even though it cooled off quite a bit that night.

They actually needed blankets-on the 4th of July!

Hope you all had a fabulous Independence Day!

No comments: