Anyway, we have moved into the phase of life where Daphne has her own opinions about her hair. Actually, we moved here about a year ago, when she started asking to cut it short. At first, I tried to talk her out of it- I love her long, gorgeous blonde curls. But it seems that the longer it has gotten (or the older she gets) the curl is falling out more and more.
One day several months ago, I said, "Daphne, if you really want to cut your hair, let's do it." It's your hair and I want you to decide." And do you know what she said?
She smiled really big and said, " I like it long."
So... it's been long and longer and even longer after that. I can't leave it down and just scrunch up the curls anymore- it gets to stringy and the curls fall out. In fact- I'm afraid that she has a hair curse that my dear friend Carole lives with. The top layer is relatively straight, while the bottom layers are increasingly curly the closer you get to the bottom. Bummer.
So, when she said she wanted to get her hair cut, I was glad. I really wanted her to have some autonomy and choose and I hoped that this might give new life to her curls.
Here is our before pic (no combing or anything that morning):
2 comments:
I think it is way cute. I did the same thing with Kenzie a couple years ago she wanted short I wanted long. Then I decided it was her hair. It was at he butt and I was kinda getting tired of her not getting it brushed all the way so I told her if that is what she really wanted then she could. So like a few weeks later she decided to do it and we donated 11 inches to locks of love. Now she is growing it out again so she can donate more so other little girls can have pretty hair also. ( that is what she says). Makes my heart melt to think that a 9 year old thinks so much of others.
So cute! And I hope for her that the texture changes so she doesn't end up with the crazy mix forever! It's NO fun!
Post a Comment