Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trunk or Treat 2010

Tuesday night was the Trunk or Treat at our Church. This is always such a fun event and we usually have a great turn out. Unfortunately, the weather was awful that night! We had rain, sleet, cold, and wind! Ick.
So, we had no trunk decorating, and everyone moved inside, which is a whole lot of people in the church building. It was a little crazy and crowded at points, but we had a blast!
Remember how Isaac was completely traumatized when I forced him to be Freddie?? Well, I made up for that by letting him be the grim reaper for the Trunk or Treat! Pretty creepy..
I'm not prepared as a mother to deal with having a son who wants to dressup in bloody, skeletal, zombie type costumes. I can handle the weapons, it's the half-dead stuff that turns my stomach. I mean, this is my child, we're talking about! So, I was mean and wouldn't let him wear a freaky mask. (Which is a good thing, since Victoria has been shaking in her boots every time she see's something creepy!) We decided he could still fit into our theme as the villain!


Cutest thing ever!
We moved on to play a few games:


This is the infamous "throw your fishing line over the sheet and get a piece of candy back" game... the pinnacle of excitement.
One more family shot!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Out of all the costumes that night, you guys were by far my favorite!

Mary said...

DITTO! Velma, Shaggy & co. Rocked the House. . . ummm, church!