On the first Friday in May, our Family was able to participate in a fundraiser for the kids' school! As you can see, it was a 5k. On the literature we printed, we put "/walk" so people knew that they didn't have to run the whole thing. However, while we were promoting the event at the school, the kids decided to make the written "/walk" something that they said everytime. It probably doesn't translate into writing as humorously as it came across in person, but they thought they were being such rebels by saying it that way that it was pretty hysterical. So, when I went to the school to do the skit introducing the event, we had several occasions where we wanted them to say "Adams Eagles FIT Fun Run!" and they would add "Slash walk!" really loud at the end.
Here we all are before the race:

I was able to do a very little bit of volunteering to help with the event, like passing out medals, helping with the raffle and cheering the runners on. Here I am with the other ladies who helped and organized the event:

And here are my two munchkins before the Kids K:

I was at a cheering station right at the very end of the Kids K, and I got to see my Firstborn hauling it home! He was pushing with everything he had and came in 2nd place for the whole thing! He was running with all the 6th graders at the front of the pack and still pulled off second place, which is pretty sweet for my 3rd grader!

Daphne kept plugging along with Dad and Tori in the big jogging stroller- it was hard but she did it!!!

We had a blast and the school raised over $4000, which is amazing!! I'm so glad we were a tiny little part of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment