Monday, December 22, 2008

Lights at Temple Square

The same night of the Family Christmas Party, we took our children to Temple Square. They, (Daphne specifically) had been asking to go for quite some time and we promised them that we would take them there to see the lights around Christmastime. I must have been to Temple Square a half dozen times, but it still takes my breath away. It is positively beautiful, especially with all the Christmas lights. I loaded the pictures in the wrong order and they are a bit blurry, so bear with me....

Okay you can see the children and me with the Temple in the background....


This is the Assembly Hall from across the courtyard....

Here are Isaac and Daphne right next to the doors of the Salt Lake Temple.



Here are Isaac and Daphne looking at the nativity scene which floats atop the reflective pool- it is so gorgeous! There is another picture of this at the end. Daphne said that this was her favorite part of the whole night! Isaac said his favorite part was counting to 300 on the way to Salt Lake City. What can I say? He's a boy!



More lights!





The Salt Lake Temple








Nativity Scene- they also had the shepherds and sheep and angels, as well as another nativity scene with narration, etc... We all had a wonderful time and Victoria was completely enthralled with the lights! I probably won't post again for a while, so Merry, Merry Christmas to all of you. I hope that you have a wonderful time celebrating the birth of our Savior!









No comments: