Eight years ago today, Matt and I were blessed with the most precious baby boy,
Isaac Matthew. Although he was 3 weeks early, he weighted nearly 8 lbs. and brought me to a new level of devotion. I did not know how much my heart could grow! We named him Isaac, after the son of Abraham, and realized after the fact that Isaac means "laughter". And his laughter is one of the most wonderful sounds in my life. Isaac has
the best laugh. I have had several people stop me and tell me how just hearing him laugh makest them giggle. Isaac brings us so much joy- Here we are just moments after he joined us:

And here he is this morning:

My precious baby boy has grown into a tall, handsome eight year old! He comes up to my chin now- he's the size of a ten or eleven year old and
I can hardly believe he's eight.
On Sunday, we celebrated the Super Bowl, Isaac's Birthday, Corbin's Birthday and Jude's birthday. He had a blast with his cousins...


Here he is with his new Nintendo DS from Nanny and Papa...
He eats, sleeps and breathes for that thing. Every day, he wakes up and asks to play it, he comes home and asks to do his homework so he can play it, he wants to play it after dinner and so on and so forth.

I love this picture of he and his cousin, Zack:

Although the past eight years have literally flown by, I have cherished every one. I am immensely grateful to our Gracious God for sending him to our family. I don't know if I could possibly love him more, but I will spend the rest of my life trying. We love you, Isaac!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Isaac! I can't believe you're already 8!!! I remember the day you were born...but I didn't remember you're mommy and daddy looking that young! (Y'all look so young in that picture! Not that you look old now or anything!)
Post a Comment