Friday, February 12, 2010

More and More and More Birthday Pics!

Last Saturday, we had Isaac's official 8th birthday party! He had wanted to go sledding, but we have had a reamarkably snowless February this year. So, 98% of me was pleased with the weather, but I was a little diappointed that Isaac didn't get to do the snow activities. So, in lieu of the sledding fun, we had a LEGO contest and a video game-a-thon... I was a little nervous that all the 8 year old boys would be bored by the Legos, but I know Isaac can spend hours creating things with them, so we went for it. (By the way, if you have a 4 year old of either gender, I think legos are one of the best toys ever invented. Forget the kits until they are older, but just basic legos are priceless.) And I think it was a success. Several of them ran into the house exclaiming their jubilation to see all the legos.

While some continued with the Legos, others took turns playing Isaac's new Kung Fu Panda game that we gave him for his birthday. It was 4 player, and everybody got a turn to play!
After some of that, we moved on to the birthday cake. I must say, Isaac takes after me in this respect... he wanted a triple chocolate ice cream birthday cake:

Everybody seemed to love the cake- I think there were hardly any pieces left unfinished!

Isaac received LOTS of gifts that he loved!
(we're still working on the thank you notes if you are wondering!)

I took pics of all the kids with their lego creations.
Here is cousin Lydia:
Cousin Corbin:

Cousing Austin:

Cousin Luke:
Cousin Zack:
Daphne Doodle: Isaac seemed to love the party and the other kids also seemed to have a great time! I was a little surprised at how exhausted I was afterward... Matt and I were about done for the day, so we headed to Cafe Rio for dinner! Yay- that was the party for Mom. :)

No comments: