As you may recall, Matt's Dad's side of the family has a big (and I mean BIG) shindig every 13 months on that year's repetitive date. We started on January 1, 2001 (01/01/01) and have done it each year since. Here are some links to previous celebrations: 10/10/10 , 11/11/11or 07/07/07. We call it PIGWAB and it also seems to become a bigger event each year as well. With the exception of this year due to a variety of reasons: 12/12/12 is the last official repetitive date, but December is a super crazy month for all of us. Matt's Auntie Val and Uncle Jeff (who are the geniuses behind PIGWAB) weren't able to join us this year. So... we had a very toned down version this year:only one day of celebrating instead of 2 or 3 like past years). We did all want to make sure we were together when the clock struck 12:12. Matt snapped a pic at just the right time:
Marsha and Calvin designed our awesome t shirts this year.
The shirts have a lamb and a lion under the mistletoe and they say PEACE PARTY. Marsha has magnificent decorations and makes everything so inviting for us all.
Marsha asked me to bring a dessert, and I wanted to bring something festive AND easy, so these Rice Krispie Treat Ornaments were perfect! (Gotta Love Pinterest! )
Penny and Tori loved them!
Especially Tori:
Raegan made the cutest little coloring and activity books for the kids!
And of course, A Hunter Family gathering isn't the same without music and silliness. So Matt and I thought we would provide both! We spent an embarrassing amount of time coming up with a presentation of "The Twelve Years of PIGWAB"! Here we are getting ready to start our song! I'm not sure what Penny and I are sad about in this one, but I thought it was a cute one of her:
Singing the first few verses:
Matt and I stayed up until 2 in the morning making these awesome posters to represent each year of PIGWAB and the accompanying verse. They seemed like a really great idea, but then, at about 1:30 am, I started thinking maybe they were the worst idea ever. Once we started to sing, I was so glad we made them and everyone loved them! So... now I kinda want to frame them all and hang them on my wall. But I won't. (That would be ridiculous. Right?)
Singing!
Please know the sacrifice it is for me to post this terrible picture of myself. BUT... Matt and Isaac and the girls look so cute I wanted you to see it! We had so much fun!
Here are the lyrics, in case you care (I didn't repeat everything, I figure you get the jist!) ((Comments in italics are brief explanations of the lyric- for further explanation, please leave a comment; there really is no sufficient explanation for our weirdness)):
On the first
year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me: A
Party Without Any Beer! (invention of PIGWAB)
On the
second year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me: Two Fresh Mormons! (Uncle Jeff was baptized and Auntie Val returned to Church)
On the
Second year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me:
THREE Nephites! (We all dressed up like famous trios.. Matt, Isaac and I were the 3 blind Mice, but Paige and her girls were the 3 Nephites and John was John the Revelator- I thought it was hilarious!)
On the 4th
year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me: FOUR EASTER EGGS
On the Fifth
year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me:
LUKE. SKYWALKER. JOHNSON!!! (Luke was born right in the middle of our PIGWAB celebration on 05/06/05)
On the Sixth
Year of PIWAB my Family gave to me: 6 Hula Dancers (Hawaiian Theme- the kids did a Hula Dance)
On the
Seventh year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me 7 PIGS A POPPING (One of our Contests was called "PIG BOMB"- each boy used fireworks to blow up a pig. Not a real one, that would be gross. Just a little toy one.)
On the
Eighth Year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me:
8 Crowns and Castles (Fairytale theme)
On the 9th
Year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me: 9
DECADES DAZZLING (Decade theme- each family represented a decade with costumes and report)
On the 10th
year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me: 10
Jack O’ Lanterns!
On the 11th
year of PIGWAB, my family gave to me: 11
CORNUCOPIAS! (Thanksgiving theme- cornucopia)
On the 12th
year of PIGWAB my family gave to me:
THIS AWESOME SONG!
My kids are still singing it around the house- we had so much fun! Everyone asks what we'll do in 2013 and, well, we really aren't sure. We think we'll start to just have a get together in June to make it easier on everyone. Who knows. Let me know if you have a suggestion, cause PIGWAB is way too fun to just quit!













No comments:
Post a Comment