Monday, December 31, 2012

We had a fabulous New Year's Eve bash at our house this year!  We had Matt's parents and siblings and their kids as well as a few friends and their families and had a great time.  I wish I had been aware enough to be a better photographer, but alas, I was too busy having fun.  I saw an idea on Pinterest where you put clock faces on bags and mark each one for each hour until midnight.   Inside each bag, you hide a paper with an activity to do for that hour.  I didn't use many of her ideas, just tailor made some for our kids.  It didn't matter that they were simple-  the kids LOVED it and counted down to every hour.  So here's what we did:

6.pm.- Build a Marble Maze Together
7pm- Play Hide and Seek
8 pm-   Make New Year's Punch!
9 pm- Dance Party & Pictionary
10pm- Movie
11 pm-  Fill Out Resolution Papers/Karaoke Party  
(We were waaayyy too tired for Karaoke at 11pm, so we just did the resolution papers and got all set for Fireworks!)
Midnight- Fireworks!

Here are the bags:
Marble Maze:
Tori and Penny having a Tea Party in between fun activities!
New Year's Eve Punch;  essentially they got to choose a flavor of sherbet and top it with Sprite.  (There was SO much food at my house it was insane!)
Isaac mixed 2 flavors of Sherbet together so his looked pretty gross, but he said it tasted great!

A little Dress Up Party between activities!  This is Adde, Mallory, Penny, Daphne and Victoria.

Victoria, the Egyptian Princess:
Not  everyone could stay the whole time, so our crowd had swindled down to about 50% by the 9 o'clock Dance Party!
From about 10 on, we were a pretty tired bunch. Relaxin watching a movie and waiting for the big 12:00!
This is a terrible pic, but there they are doing some fireworks.  David and Matt had some great fireworks for us this year-  Thanks, Guys!!
Victoria and Penny were so excited to watch the fireworks, but within about 2 minutes of being outside they were both terrified.  I think it was a combination of exhaustion and cold because they both loved fireworks on the 4h of July.  I took them back inside and we watched the rest from the window.  I can't believe it, but we were so distracted with the fireworks that I forgot to open up the sparkling cider at midnight!  I even had cute little cups and everything.  My kiddos were pretty excited to have some at lunch the next day, though!

I hope you had a safe and blessed New Year's!  

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

The sherbet-Sprite combo? At our house: it's lime sherbet with Sprite & we call it Yoda Soda.
:)