Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Countdown, Day 2

Day 2: Ward Christmas Party!!

This is one of our more exciting days! Our Church Christmas party was tonight... my kiddos got to be part of the nativity.

Daphne and Tori were asked to be angels! (Of course they were!) This was convenient since they were angels for Halloween this year and we already had all the stuff for their costumes: Victoria was sooo excited to be on stage:

Daphne:

You can see Isaac in this one (he has the blue thing on his head.) Actually, I got a few compliments on this idea and I thought it was pretty clever, so I'll share: We have an old recliner that was given to us by Matt's parents. You know those little arm covers that come with recliners? Well, we saved one and used it for Isaac's shepherd hat. Pretty cool, right? OK, so it's not the most exciting tidbit you've heard all day, but I thought it was a good idea!

You can see all three of them in this one!



Here are some of the sheep, who took off their noses and put them over their eyes. "AAARGH!!" They were so hysterical!

I was also asked to sing for the Christmas party. About 7 0r 8 years ago, I attempted to sing "O Holy Night" and it went terribly. Terribly. I told myself I would never sing it again. So... I'm not really sure why I did it, but I attempted it again. I brought the key down about 2 full steps thanks to my amazing accompaniest, Shelley. So, I thought I would be fine. I was wrong. It wasn't terrible, but it was pitchy. To use Randy's term. When will I learn?

Overall, it was a fun night! The kids had a blast and although I had to pull the microphone from Tori while she was kicking and screaming (she wanted to sing, too!), she loved the whole party.


Our scripture for the night was Matthew 1:20-21:


"But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins."

















1 comment:

The Hunter Family said...

My friend Mary left this comment, but I did something weird and accidentally deleted it. So here it is, "I wish I could have heard you sing but I was in the hallway trying to calm down a certain rambunctious pirate lamb. Thank you for sharing your beautiful voice with others- what a great talent! " Thanks, Mary!