Thursday, July 23, 2009

Life in the Hotel... Part 3

So if you are wondering what I do all day with 3 kids in a hotel room, here is a little snippet! Nap time is pretty sacred for us, so while Tori is sleeping, Isaac and Daphne watch a little movie and then we do school work and practice reading. In the morning or afternoon, we usually head outside for a bit. There are lots of American military families staying in our hotel, most waiting for housing to become available here in Germany. We have found lots of other kids to play with, which has been a huge blessing. We knew right away that the bigger kids would need a way to expend all their energy, so we headed to the thrift shop on base and picked them up some second hand bikes to use while we are here. Unfortunately, all they had in Isaac's size was a purple bike with sparkles. He's so great though, he doesn't mind- he's just thankful for something to do! And actually, the other boys at the hotel are often asking to ride it!




While the kids are riding their bikes, I'm usually chasing Tori around, trying to keep her safe around the cement stairs and the metal stairs and the elevator. Sometimes, I can distract her with the rocks so I can sit down for a minute!

Just behind our hotel, there is a great walking trail. I try to "jog" while the kids ride their bikes, which ends up something like this: Run to keep up with Isaac. Stop and wait for Daphne. Run to catch up with Isaac, stop and pick up Tori's toy. Repeat several times. At least I work up a sweat!

Some other sights near our hotel- they told us that Wicked would be playing near our hotel and they meant it. The building on the right side of this picture is our hotel and while the kids are riding their bikes we can often hear the cast rehearsing and warming up. Matt and the kids even saw "Dr. Dillamond" all decked out in his goat costume sitting on a bench outside.

We are also living in the city that is the headquarters for Mercedes, so we can always see their symbol...

No comments: